Created By Osmo
- Demonstrate Newton for Osmo. Students will gather around Osmo / iPad station, or you can use a projector to demo the game.
- Set up multiple stations of Newton and form groups of students.
- Groups will be instructed to choose objects from around the classroom for their classmates to try and solve Newton puzzles. Ideas: math tangibles like base 10 blocks; paper and scissors to make cut out shapes; tangram pieces.
- Using a piece of paper, students will write down why they chose the items they chose, and rate the difficulty of using this object on a scale of 1–5. (Will set this aside for later.)
- Students rotate through each station, playing the game using tangible objects that were chosen by classmates.
- After each station, the students also rate the difficulty on a scale of 1–5.
- Once rotations are complete, have a class discussion about why they chose the objects they did and the perceived difficulty level. Bonus: Students can brainstorm possible objects to use for a subsequent lesson.