How Do I Write My Name?
Have a group discussion about names and how important it is to have names on things and be able to read each other’s names.
- Separate students into groups of 2-3 with a set of supplies at each station.
- Give each station a mini-demo about taking a photo with Masterpiece and then pressing the green button to start drawing.
- Then, have each student take a photo of their names with Masterpiece. Instruct the class to then place the iPad back onto the Osmo base and start tracing!
- You can have students first pratice for 5-10 minutes on regular paper. Once they are ready, they can write their name onto the actual nametag cutout with markers or crayons.
- When they are done, tell them to click the tiny check button in the lower right of the screen and then the green button. Watch their reaction as they watch a timelape video of themselves writing their name!
- You can then send each child’s video to yourself or their parents by clicking ‘Share’ or just save it to the iPad camera roll.