States and Capitals
Created By Osmo
Part 1 – Before the Lesson
- Go to my.playosmo.com/words
on the iPad
- Create an account.
- Enter link in the url bar: my.playosmo.com/words/public/album/1p8of3ztog
- Click ‘Download to iPad’
- Congrats! Now you have the album available in your Osmo Words Library.
If you are using multiple iPads, go to my.playosmo.com/words on each iPad, log in, and download the album.
Part 2 – After teaching U.S. states and capitals
- Open the Osmo Words app and click on ‘Library’
- Deselect all other albums and select only States and Capitals
- Hit ‘Play’
- Start the lesson by having your students play on ‘Easy.’ If they are new to states, have them play a second round on ‘Easy.’ Once they are familiarized, have them play ‘Medium’ which has no hints!
- Play ‘Hard’ and ‘Very Hard’ if you want to challenge your students’ knowledge on state capitals.
- Give your students printable maps or states / capitals index lists when the pace is going slow.